How To Deal With Addiction – Financially & Emotionally
Addiction knows no social boundaries. It can affect a successful CEO as easily as a homeless person. Regardless of the form addiction takes, it substantially impacts entire lives. Whether it’s you, friends or family, it ruins relationships and futures.
At Alpha Fiduciary, we understand that addiction is not just an individual problem; it’s also the family’s problem and requires the attention and commitment of the entire family. We also understand the toll addiction can take on finances. Our financial advisors can help guide you through this difficult time, both financially and by helping you find the right support.
We want you and your loved ones to live your best possible life. So we have compiled resources we believe can be helpful to you and your loved ones who may be navigating addiction-related issues. Treatment programs, support groups and even family therapy can give the right support.
As you and your loved ones learn how to deal with addiction, we can help you with thoughtful and customized strategies to address the financial side of your struggle. From financially preparing for treatment to protecting finances during times of substance abuse and addiction, we’re there for you or your loved ones in need of help.
- Parents of Addicted Loved Ones “Provides hope and support through addiction education for parents dealing with an addicted loved one.” Find a PAL meeting
- Al-Anon Family Groups Support for individuals worried about someone struggling with alcoholism.
- Nar-Anon Family Groups A 12-step program for families and friends of addicts.
- Co-Dependents Anonymous 12-step recovery group for codependence. Many times the non-addicted spouse or loved one can unintentionally become an enabler of the addiction.
- Smart Recovery Self-Management and Recovery Training providing a secular alternative to Al-Anon. Helps those who are affected by the substance abuse or other addictions of a loved one.
- SAMHS The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration offers “free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information services for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.”
- Celebrate Recovery Christian 12-step program for life issues, including addictions.
- Phoenix Dream Center Christian-based organization offering recovery programs, emergency housing, rescue from human trafficking, foster care prevention, and other relevant services.
- AZ Law Help General legal information and resources for Arizona residents.