Thank you for considering Alpha Fiduciary as your trusted fiduciary advisor. We live in a dynamic, often scary world, so you’ll take comfort that our core beliefs and adaptable investment philosophy were designed for the world we live in.
Our experienced and credentialed professionals have personally managed money during the most volatile of times, including the Japanese asset price bubble (ca 1992), the “dot-com” bubble (ca 2000), the U.S. housing/derivatives bubble (ca 2008), and the three bear markets that followed these bubble collapses. We understand that the highest value we can bring to you is an intelligent, adaptable investment philosophy and a careful decision methodology to help you reach your financial goals and keep reactive behaviors in check.
Our experiences have influenced us to form two core beliefs that guide everything we do:
- The markets are efficient except when they aren’t.
- There are periods of time when securities and entire markets become significantly mispriced.
We expect that an astute manager can take advantage of opportunities to enhance returns or reduce risk when markets no longer follow historical norms.
In addition, we believe the following:
- Over time, it is more important to prevent large portfolio losses than to maximize near-term gains.
- Inexpensive, passive portfolios often beat the vast majority of actively managed portfolios simply because they cost less.
- Adding certain actively managed asset classes such as managed futures to a portfolio can reduce volatility and drawdowns and may increase portfolio returns over time.
We feel we can best express the above beliefs through a “core/tactical” portfolio approach. Core assets include primarily those which provide ongoing exposure to the basic market trends at a low cost. Tactical assets follow a current theme that may play out to the investor’s advantage and may even include a defensive posture in cash. We believe our approach provides a sensible blend between cost efficiency and the quest for higher returns. Our focused and experienced investment committee works hard to ensure that your portfolio continues to reflect your goals in various investment climates.
Most importantly, however, we take the time to understand the complexities of your total financial picture so that we can tailor your portfolio to your individual circumstances, income/growth needs, and legacy planning goals.
The right people, thoughtful processes developed and improved with years of experience, and significant investments in technology. This is the value proposition Alpha Fiduciary proudly stands behind…come check us out!